You may have recently received a notice stating that a permit for the construction of a new concrete batch plant to be located at 3411 De Soto Street has been submitted to the Texas Commission for Environmental Quality (TCEQ) for approval. That permit can be viewed here. Public records indicate that your home or property may be within 440 yards of this site, which entitles you to request a public meeting and contested case hearing from TCEQ.
Your quality of life may be directly impacted by this facility. However, it’s not too late to take action. As a resident or property owner within 440 yards of the proposed site, you have until 30 days from January 18, 2018 to request that TCEQ hold a public meeting and a contested case hearing. TCEQ will only hold a public meeting if an elected official requests a meeting or if there is significant interest in an application, so be sure to tell your elected official(s) and neighbors that they should submit a request too.
When submitting your request, be sure to include permit number 149713 and include the following information:
(1) your name (or for a group or association, an official representative), mailing address, daytime phone number;
(2) applicant’s name and registration number
(3) the statement “[I/we] request a contested case hearing”
(4) a specific description of how you would be adversely affected by the application and air emissions from the facility in a way not common to the general public
(5) the location and distance of your property relative to the facility
(6) a description of how you use the property which may be impacted by the facility.
Click here to submit a request to TCEQ now!
Your elected officials are:
City Council Member, District B
Harris County Commisioner Precinct 1
Harris County Judge
Mayor Sylvester Turner
Texas State Senator, District 15
Texas State House Representative, District 139
Contact Air Alliance Houston with any questions or assistance at 713-528-3779.