Air Alliance Houston is seeking motivated individuals to teach our educational cross-collaborative lesson plans for students in kindergarten through 8th grade. Teaching artists are trained in three age-appropriate curricula.
AAH employs teaching artists on a part-time basis to reach thousands students each year. Classes are taught on-site at schools and educational events throughout Houston. Classes are assigned to teaching artists on a first-come, first-served basis, with preference given for class opportunities brought by the teaching artist. Some local travel in and around the Houston area is required.
- Administrative support in coordination with other Air Alliance Houston staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Spanish language fluency is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree (or working toward a degree).
- Ability to work independently and perform assigned duties in a time-efficient manner.
- Reliable mode of transportation and valid driver’s license.
- 1-2 years experience in an educational setting.
- Experience with school schedules and timekeeping.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.