FIELD INTERVIEWERS PASADENA
This position is for our Pasadena Community Project. Click the links below for the Job Description and Application documents. Once the application and your documents are completed please email them to email@example.com , fax to 713-526-0550, or mail it to Air Alliance Houston, 3914 Leeland, Houston, TX, 77003. If you fax, or mail please call or email for confirmation.
If you have questions please call Paula Torrado at 832-935-2798 .
Salary: $30 per class. Mileage reimbursement outside of Harris County.
Location: Near downtown Houston, significant travel throughout Houston region.
Sector: Nonprofit public health, education.
Language(s): English, Spanish.
Area of Focus: Education, Public Health, Environment, Environmental Justice.
Air Alliance Houston is seeking Teaching Artists–including bilingual Teaching Artists–to teach our Ozone Theater youth education classes.
Air Alliance Houston is the Houston region’s leading environmental health and air quality nonprofit. Our mission is to reduce air pollution in the Houston region to protect public health and environmental integrity through research, education and advocacy. We are seeking a motivated individual to teach our educational cross-collaborative lesson plans for grades K-8. Teaching Artists are trained by our Educational Director in three age-appropriate curricula.
Air Alliance Houston employs Teaching Artists on a contract basis to reach 5,000 students in hundreds of classrooms each year. Classes are taught on-site at schools and educational events throughout Houston. Classes are assigned to Teaching Artists on a first-come, first-served basis, with preference given for class opportunities brought by an the Teaching Artist.
- Some local travel in and around the Houston area is required.
- Some administrative support in coordination with other Air Alliance Houston staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Spanish language fluency is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree (or work towards a degree).
- Ability to schedule independently and perform assigned duties in a time-efficient manner.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- One to two years experience in education.
- Experience with school schedules and time keeping.
- Superior communication skills—oral and written. A successful Teaching Artist is able to communicate effectively.
Air Alliance Houston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, political belief, age, gender, sexual orientation, or class. People of color and indigenous people are strongly encouraged to apply. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Applications will be considered until the positions are filled. Interested applicants should send complete resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.