Air Alliance Houston is seeking motivated individuals to teach our educational cross-collaborative lesson plans for students in kindergarten through 8th grade. Teaching artists are trained in three age-appropriate curricula.
AAH employs teaching artists on a part-time basis to reach thousands students each year. Classes are taught on-site at schools and educational events throughout Houston. Classes are assigned to teaching artists on a first-come, first-served basis, with preference given for class opportunities brought by the teaching artist. Some local travel in and around the Houston area is required.
- Administrative support in coordination with other Air Alliance Houston staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Spanish language fluency is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree (or working toward a degree).
- Ability to work independently and perform assigned duties in a time-efficient manner.
- Reliable mode of transportation and valid driver’s license.
- 1-2 years experience in an educational setting.
- Experience with school schedules and timekeeping.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
AAH is seeking a current college student, graduate student, or recent college graduate who is interested in serving as an intern and providing a wide range of database, research, administrative, and general support to AAH’s development team. In return, AAH will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain experience in and familiarity in areas such as fundraising, philanthropy, public health and environmental issues, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization.
- Assist the development staff in entering data into AAH’s donor database.
- Conduct research on potential donors, strategic partners, markets and industries.
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external use.
- Draft correspondence, reports, proposals and donor appeals.
- Assist the development staff in planning donor events and other activities.
- Maintain donor files and other development materials.
- Attend department and staff meetings.
- Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed.
- Strong writing and research abilities.
- Desire to learn more about fundraising and philanthropy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with databases.
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- A demonstrated commitment to AAH’s mission and values.
- Excellent ethical standards and personal integrity.
HOURS, START DATE, AND DURATION
Flexible within business hours. A firm commitment of 10-20 hours per week is required. The internship will start at a mutually agreed upon date and may continue through the intern’s academic year depending on mutual interest and satisfactory performance. This is not a paid internship.
Air Alliance Houston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, political belief, age, gender, sexual orientation, or class. People of color and indigenous people are strongly encouraged to apply. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.