Air Alliance Houston and Public Citizen are jointly hosting a food drive to benefit the Houston Food Bank. A bin to place your donations will be available at Air Alliance Houston’s office from December 5th until December 19th.
The Houston Food Bank will accept donations of non-perishable food items that are unopened and have not yet expired. Need some inspiration? The Houston Food Bank’s most needed items include:
- Canned fruits in water or light syrup
- Whole grain macaroni, linguine or spaghetti
- Canned tomatoes, no salt added or reduced sodium
- Canned tuna or chicken in water
- Canned, green vegetables (green beans spinach collard greens), no salt added or
- Canned beans, no salt added or reduced sodium
If you plan to attend the Holiday Open House, bring some canned goods with you to add to the season of generosity! Thank you for supporting our work and for supporting our efforts in helping our community receive the sustenance they need.