We are pleased to be providing 15 Flow 2 air monitors that will be used. These monitors can detect Volatile Organic Compounds, a variety of gaseous chemicals, some of which may have short- and long-term adverse health effects. Once the data is gathered, we will provide graphs and maps of localized air quality snapshots. Join us over Zoom June 23 to review the data collected from the Sunnyside, OST – South Union and Historic Fifth Ward communities.
Flow2 air monitor
Why is this event important?
- Raise awareness about air pollution issues
- Generate more localized data around air quality in Houston
- Support communities with air quality data to help advocate for change
Why should you attend?
- See happenings and hear the history in and about Historic Fifth Ward for Juneteenth
- Monitor air throughout the area that affect residents’ health
Use the sign up form and get ready to ride!
- 1-mile walk
- 3-mile bike ride
- 8-mile bike ride
Our event partner, Houston Bcycle has generously offered the use of Bcycles and Ebikes to help ensure that as many people can participate as are willing. Let us know if you need a bicycle on our sign up form. They are first-come first-serve so sign up today!
Sign up HERE and support our belief that it shouldn’t matter where you live, work, learn or play; everyone has a right to breathe clean air.
Participation in this event is without charge. However, if you would like to support Air Alliance’s work to reduce the public health impacts from air pollution and advance environmental justice, your donation HERE is much appreciated.