Application Deadline - 11:59 PM on Sunday, August 13. Those moving forward should expect an interview request no later than Monday, August 18.
Internship Requirements and Pay:
- At least 3 days or 24 hours/week
- Interns should currently be enrolled in school or have graduated the previous semester
- The position will last a minimum of 11 weeks from The beginning of September through December. With exact dates to be discussed during the interview process
- AAH does not accept interns under 18 years of age
- Be in person at the AAH office minimum 1 day/week (preferably on AAH agreed upon in-office days – normally Tuesdays/Thursdays)
- No major or field of study requirement unless specified by Department or Preceptor
- No GPA requirement
- No education level requirement unless specified by Department or Preceptor
- Paid internships are compensated at $20/hour with no benefits, PTO, or other stipends. Interns are eligible for mileage and expense reimbursements.
If you cannot meet one or more of these requirements, please describe why/why not in your application.
Our internship program was created to maintain a diverse workplace with regard to race, culture, ethnicity, wealth, religion, language, ability, gender, sexual orientation, and school setting.
We encourage all students 18 years or older to apply including FirstGen students, community college students, and non-traditional students. If you have recently graduated, but are no more than 1 semester out of school, then you would qualify, too!
In the subject line, include the word “Internship application” followed by the name of the program you are interested in (e.g., Internship application—Communications).
This intern will support the R&P team on the port research project and the chemical disasters project. The intern will also assist with other R&P tasks like mapping as needed. The ideal intern would have a keen interest in public health practice & research.
- Knowledge on Air quality research framework
- Scientific writing
- Research tools like EJ Screen
- Research & Synthesis
- Some data analysis
- Writing skills
- Keen interest in Environmental Health/Public Health
This intern will assist our Climate Justice Coordinator in advancing the #ShutDownParish campaign. This intern may need access to transportation as in-person events may be held in the Fort Bend community.
- Community organizing
- Facilitation and public speaking
- Community relations
- Research and synthesis
- Effective communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Event planning/ logistics
This position will assist the Government Relations and Community Outreach Director in engaging in the Healthy Port Communities Coalition especially concerning Project 11. This intern should have access to reliable transportation and be available to attend local community and government events which may be held outside of regular work hours.
- Community Outreach and organizing
- Meeting facilitation and public speaking
- Public Engagement
- Some social media use
- Public comment writing
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)